I think I do well with most of the diabetes stuff, really - except I freak out to often -, but in all aspects of my diabetes management slip-off's happen from time to time. So there is probably nothing I will do right all the time.
The one thing I do great about diabetes is thinking of everything. When I want to bolus for a meal, I think about
- carb count,
- most probable blood sugar trend at the moment,
- insulin on board,
- basal rate glitches during the last few days,
- possible and/or planned exercise/action of any kind coming,
- most recent/next to come set change,
- possible sickness and/or menstruation,
Of course, all this considerations do not necessarily lead to the desired result. But sometimes they do, and this is what I call success.